Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where I'm At- Mid-term check-up

So far this semester, I would say that I have learned the most about the skeletal structure of the spinal column, ribs, pelvic bones, and limbs. Secondly it's been very interesting for me to learn about the various muscles in our limbs and in hip area. I would say that learning about the ratios of the lungs to pelvic bones has been very helpful to me in learning to get my proportions right as I draw from our models. I would also say that learning to look for the spinal muscles and curvature has been huge in getting the essential gesture of the models in my drawings.
I would say that my weaknesses right now is my tendency to jump into drawing without looking hard first at my model and using too many heavy lines without hierarchy. I would like to improve on my linework throughout the semester and really be sensitive in the marks I put down and establish hierarchy and visual interest with my linework.
I would also like to improve my knowledge of the muscles of the body with the maniken and be able to translate that into my drawing. When I first shot the pictures for this maniken, I didn't do a very delicate job of putting on the muscles. So since then, I've come to realize that I can do much better and have subsequently changed alot of the quads and hamstrings. I will add pictures of those as soon as I have them done!
I think that's all I have for right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment