Monday, November 30, 2009

Skull Drawings

I had a really fun time drawing the skulls. I think for one, I was really on that day. But I also think I just really enjoyed drawing the skulls because they were do different from what we had ever done before. I think it will be really interesting to see how well I draw a real person's head now that I've managed to execute drawing the skull.
I would say that the most difficult part for me in drawing the skull was getting the proportions and positions of the eyes, nose, and mouth correct and pointing in the right plane.
I also thought it was quite challenging to express the caverns and crevices in the skull. I mainly resorted to shading for this, but I also learned from Amy after class that more angular lines help make a line pop out more in space that just smooth, organic lines. So I tried it and was pleasantly surprised to see how it really improved my drawing. I really love those "Ahah!" moments.
Anyways, I look forward to what we will draw in class tomorrow.
I really hope my drawing continues to improve through whatever we do tomorrow!
Until then,
Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment