Saturday, September 26, 2009

How Life Drawing saved my ID project.....

So. I've already begun to use what i've learned in life drawing to help me draw characters for a redesign of an existing line of soft, plush girls' dolls called "Groovy Girls" that are made by a toy company called Manhatten Toys in Minneapolis, MN. The company has asked our ID senior class to "re-envision" the groovy girls, and these are some of my first concepts, with refinements to be made by tuesday to be sent off for review by the company.
I think my practice in drawing from live models in class has helped me to learn the basic characteristics of the human form and helped me quite a bit in drawing these little characters. I had quite a blast with these! So, thanks to life drawing one - you have already helped me a ton! Cheers!
p.s. I would love any feedback or ideas on how to improve these "Groovy Girls" - any fun ideas on how to get parents to buy wholesome dolls for their girls would be welcome!

1 comment:

  1. this is so good to hear--and we've just been in class 3 weeks, maybe 4.

    ReplyDelete