Monday, September 21, 2009

Okay, so not much more improvement after hour #3 of cross-contour drawing!

Well, sadly to say, after hour #3, I still don't feel that I really mastered drawing my shell with cross-contours....or at least I would say this is definitely NOT my best work. But that is to be expected - these ARE my first real attempts at doing this.
I really enjoyed doing the cross-contours with our model in class last week and I seemed to have a better time of catching the contours. I think some of the reason for that was because the human form has much smoother surfaces and not so many ridged edges like the shell. And because I didn't have to try to magnify the object I was looking at by 300 times!

As you can see in my pictures of my shell drawings, I broke quite a few rules - I used an outer edge line to define the outer edges and used some value to create volume. These were my early drawings. By hour #3, however, I did a few drawings without the outer edges, but I think they still look kind of funny. I think I did 7 in all, but most were not worth showing (it's arguable if the ones I am posting are worth showing either, I know!) Anyways, I think I may have gone too fast in my drawings, so I don't have tons of detail. However, I feel that if I didn't go at a steady, faster pace, I would loose perspective of the volume of the whole thing, and I didn't want that to happen wither. So I am hoping to learn some good techniques in class, and practice some more. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment