Sunday, September 13, 2009

This is all very new to me, this blogging thing!
i am very excited to have it is all set up and running so i can keep my photos of work posted.

I am very excited to take life drawing I as I have drawn from live models in the past, and have greatly benefited in my drawing ability from that experience. I am an industrial design student, so i am always looking for opportunities to improve my drawing skills and learn more about how to accurately draw the human form. Some of my favorite artists, such as Gustav Klimt and Michaelangelo, draw/sculpt the human body exquisitely and with much expression. I really enjoy the gestural aspect of life drawing and hope to be able to become much quicker at drawing body gestures. I also hope to gain alot of confidence in my line weights and the way i lay down lines. I just bought a 24"x36"
100-page pad of newsprint and a bunch of charcoal, so I am ready and anxious to get started!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful designs, but please explain the Vacuum style Tea-maker. Do you use it like any other tea-maker? What's the advantage of having a vacuum when making your tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh hey there! sorri didn't respond earlier - i just now saw your comment. i'm very new at blogging! anyways, the concept behind the tea-maker is that it mimics the old- school vacuum coffee-makers. the principle is that you fill the lower one with water and put the coffee in the upper one. as the water begins to boil (can go directly on burner), the vapor pressure "Squeezes" the water in the lower vessel up into the upper vessel through the glass "straw", where it meets with the coffee grounds and brews. You remove it from the heat at that point, and since there has been created a vacuum in the lower chamber, it literally sucks the coffee back down. There is a filter in between the chambers that catches the grounds, leaving you with a nice pot o' coffee. i liked that idea for tea because tea is all about beautiful presentation and the interactive experience of making it (kind of like in tea ceremonies or english tea). it definitely has some issues in the design, and even in the concept, but it's still fun in my mind. i do have a few ideas on how to improve the look and functionality, though.....anyways, this is long, so i'll stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, not too long. Im a machinist by trade so I prefer detail. Thanks for explaining. Also, I think your too hard on yourself with your shells. I like "Hour2 Shell". Your line quality is dynamic. Maybe you just need several more well placed lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linnea,
    It's great to have you in the class. It looks like your blogging and learning in the class are going well.

    Don't worry about "mastering" your shell yet--that will come later. Which reminds me, I need to buy some shells for you all today!

    ReplyDelete